Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British / Commonwealth sun and dust goggles

Article about: Hi Guys, here are two sets of these from my collection. The first is a pair of rather stylish good quality sun glasses. No makers marks on them or on the brown tin. The glasses have shades t

Default British / Commonwealth sun and dust goggles

Hi Guys, here are two sets of these from my collection.

The first is a pair of rather stylish good quality sun glasses. No makers marks on them or on the brown tin. The glasses have shades to the sides.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British / Commonwealth sun and dust goggles   British / Commonwealth sun and dust goggles  

British / Commonwealth sun and dust goggles  

Default Re: British / Commonwealth sun and dust goggles

Next is a pair of private purchase dust goggles in their original 1941 dated tin.

The maker is Walter Bushnell Ltd. This company is actually based in India and are still around today. The goggles themselves are also maker marked on the sides.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British / Commonwealth sun and dust goggles   British / Commonwealth sun and dust goggles  

British / Commonwealth sun and dust goggles   British / Commonwealth sun and dust goggles  

Both pair are very nice Ade, especially in their tins !

Do you display them on any headgear or helmets ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Steve, no these are just displayed in their tins in a glass showcase along with my other tinned items.

Cheers, Ade.

Posting a pair from my collection! Marked S.L.M., 1941, these have to be placed folded in their case, with the tapes wrapped around the glasses, as the instructions are stating. I have seen these being referred to as "anti-incendiary bomb goggles", but I don't think that this is really the case... I have seen photographical evidence of them being worn by motorcyclists. Think that these are just an "ordinary" pair of goggles!

Regards, Giorgos

Hi Giorgos, these are nice WW2 private purchase goggles

Cheers, Ade.