Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British/Commonwealth water bottles?

Article about: Hello guys, I have 3 British/Commonwealth water bottles, I think one of them is British for sure, the other possibly Canadian and I can't find anything about the third one. Hope you guys can

Default British/Commonwealth water bottles?

Hello guys, I have 3 British/Commonwealth water bottles, I think one of them is British for sure, the other possibly Canadian and I can't find anything about the third one. Hope you guys can help!

Bottle 1 (CCL with 2 broadarrows?):

British/Commonwealth water bottles?British/Commonwealth water bottles?British/Commonwealth water bottles?

Bottle 2 (stamp: R.C.E. and button: UNITED CARR CANADA):

British/Commonwealth water bottles?British/Commonwealth water bottles?British/Commonwealth water bottles?British/Commonwealth water bottles?

Bottle 3 (no stamps):

British/Commonwealth water bottles?British/Commonwealth water bottles?British/Commonwealth water bottles?

Please notify if more detailed pictures are needed.

Greetings,
    Youri

?

Hey Youri,

The sleeve carrier is definitely British-made wartime (circa 1942-1945) and the yellowish-khaki carrier is definitely Canadian-made (circa 1940-1942). The bottles are all Mk VIIs and probably British-made as well. Im not sure about the carrier with the leather, but I think it may be of postwar European manufacture. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by karkee; 11-14-2015 at 04:25 AM.

ILH
    ?

Cradle 3...... I reckon the leather is a repair and it's actually a british Naval 1919pattern........ it's the only british cradle with that size webbing and the male popper in that position.
    Gotta say that the leather tab looks remarkably close to the closure tabs on the Boer War .303 bandoliers!

Thank you both! I was almost sure about the first 2 but the third is kinda odd. Gotta agree with ILH, it does look like that though I have found one for sale with the same leather tab.

Youri

?

It's possible ILH, but the pattern 1919 carrier has a 3/4" central/closure strap, whereas Youri's has a 1" strap. Also, the buckle straps on the P1919 carrier are very long, while this one has very short, riveted straps.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...-canteen-2.jpg

I have also seen other examples of this leather/web carrier for sale in the past, which is why I am thinking non-commonwealth, European surplus.

That could be, both mine and the one that is for sale are from Dutch owners, however I don't think the Dutch Military used these at any time.

The Princess Irene Brigade were issued with British kit in WW2.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Haha yes I know! But I meant the bottle with the leather strap, the Princess Irene Brigade used British made gear I think, This bottle strap might not be British, I can't find anything about it anyway.

I have not seen the one with the leather tab either.....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This is kind of a mystery isn't it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast