Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

British Empire Webbing

Article about: PATTERN 1903 - Components PATTERN 1908 - Marching Order PATTERN 1908 - Marching Order without Pack PATTERN 1908 - Battle Order PATTERN 1908 - Musketry Order PATTERN 1908 - Drill Order PATTER

?

I just went to Disney World with my brother a few weeks ago and while we were waiting in line for the Jungle Cruise ride, which was styled after a 1930s British Outpost, we noticed British webbing hanging on the walls. In the pictures you can see a Pattern 1908 Belt (missing one back buckle) with cartridge carriers, a single brace, waterbottle carrier and Mk VII waterbottle as well as a Pattern 1908 large pack with support straps and a Pattern 1908 haversack and brace (with removed belt back buckle). Additionally, there were a couple of Pattern 1937 waterbottle sleeve carriers and an auxiliary pouch. To be honest, it looks like they took a fairly complete Pattern 1908 set, disassembled it, and attached it to the wall with phillips screws. Besides the Pattern 1937 webbing, I thought it was a pretty authentic addition to one of my favorite Disney rides!

British Empire Webbing

British Empire Webbing

British Empire Webbing

British Empire Webbing

British Empire Webbing

British Empire Webbing

British Empire Webbing

Cheers for the pics also in the last pic there appears to be the US grenade chest rig

?

Oh yeah, good spot René!

I guess I am just too focused on the British kit! lol

ahh well from one who is a jack of all trades and a master of none

I hope this might be of interest. Indian made 37 pattern skeleton set of webbing with cartridge carriers in pre dyed jungle green:
    British Empire Webbing

?

Very nice set Warspite, congratulations on completing it! I've often been tempted to work on the same, but I don't know if I've ever seen the pre-dyed braces or frog available anywhere...

Thanks, as ever I had help from another collector who supplied quite a few bits. Apparently the hardest bit to find is the small pack and L straps. I have never seen a genuine one for sale.

?

Guess I'm late to the party. All I can say is Very impressive! Mike, I noticed you had a several displays of the Pattern 25 webbing, that was one reason for me searching the web site today.

I'm planning on expanding my RCAF collection/displays and I need to find as much information as I can on the Pattern 25 gear. Can you recommend any sources for books on this pattern as well as where I could begin hunting for actual pieces?

I was also wondering if you know of a source for the liquid Blanco that was discussed in the thread?

Thanks,

Gary

?

Hey Gary,

Glad you found the thread interesting! If you are looking for information on Pattern 1925 webbing, you should start with Karkee Web (of which I am only a minor contributor). They are an incredible wealth of information!

Pattern 1925 Web Equipment

Of course I also have to recommend my good friend Warspite's excellent blog, Tales from the Supply Depot...

https://hatchfive.wordpress.com/2014...ttern-webbing/

As for finding pieces, I'm not sure I can provide much help, as I don't own a single piece of blue-grey webbing (my P25 set is khaki).

Regarding blanco, I suggest contacting the administrators of 'Blanco and Bull', another fantastic reference site...

Blanco and Bull

I hope this helps! Please feel free to post pics of your display here in the future!

There are also some P37 webbing parts that were produced in RAF blue-gray, those might be easier to find and correct also?

During the last W&PR I saw loads of those P25 pistol ammo pouches(?) in unissued condition.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast