Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

British Empire Webbing

Article about: PATTERN 1903 - Components PATTERN 1908 - Marching Order PATTERN 1908 - Marching Order without Pack PATTERN 1908 - Battle Order PATTERN 1908 - Musketry Order PATTERN 1908 - Drill Order PATTER

?

Quote by Warspite View Post
    I may have a spare bottom rucksack part. I have another chap who might want it, but if he's not interested I'll let you know...
    Warspite, I would definitely be interested in the spare rucksack bottom if the other person isn't interested. Just send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Gary

- - ------- - -
    Last edited by gbalke; 04-02-2016 at 01:50 AM.

?

Default Pattern 1925

I received my Pattern 1925 waist belt this week, as well as a couple sleeve type water bottle carriers. . One more waist belt should be here in the near future.

Anyone know if there was an Officer's model of the Pattern 1925 waist belt made? One without the two snaps for the bayonet frog?

Gary
    Last edited by gbalke; 04-02-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Figured this is the right place to post these
    I just found today a near full factory bolt of Canadian P37 shoulder straps Right side to go with my complete Left side bolt
    Also shots of a complete Australian factory bolt.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-09-2018 at 05:35 AM.

?

Nice find Rene. If I recall correctly, Canada did supply Australia with Canadian
    P-37 web gear during the early years of the war.

Quote by gbalke View Post
    Nice find Rene. If I recall correctly, Canada did supply Australia with Canadian
    P-37 web gear during the early years of the war.
    Yep and lots of it. Going from what I've found here over the years Canada was the dominant supply source 41-43.
    Gauging from what I've found from the P37 pouches I have acquired Canada no. 1 (41-43 never seen 44), GB no. 2 (39-43) , Aust No. 3 (well until I found a bunch recently)

Hey Michael
    I recall somewhere you asked what the 4 digit numbers where on the Canadian web gear? I believe they are inspectors stamps (If you didn't already find out)

?

When I acquired my '43 dated Lithgow I wanted some propper Australian kit to display with it. After doing some research I discovered Canada's involvement with supplying Australia with P--37 gear. Since I had been collecting Canadian uniforms and equipment for some time, I just selected some of my better pieces. I did however find some pure Aussie pieces as well, water bottle carriers, first aid dressing and of course the bayonet with scabbard.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stl914...7628054408750/

?

René - Great factory bolts of webbing! The only bolt I have is a set of support straps marked "H&S LTD 1939". I think they are in a set of 8 or 10, but I'll have to find them to check. Interesting idea of the four-digit code being an inspectors mark. I thought it was a batch number, but an inspector marking is possible. Does that mean the Canadian Broad Arrow was not an inspector's marking (rather just an ownership mark).

gbalke - Great display! I really like the layout!

Love to see your bolt there Mate
    I reackon the 4 digit would for inspection of a bolt, saves time. Always the broad arrow (from what I know) is crown ownership. The 2 complete bolts I have consist of 10

Also at a guess the basic pouches would be at the same bolt quantity?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast