Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

British Home Front Baby's Gas Mask.

Article about: Hi all, I know this is the second time in a week I have "popped over" to the allies section, but I have caught a bit of a bug for some Home Front items!! I decided to "expand&

Default British Home Front Baby's Gas Mask.

Hi all, I know this is the second time in a week I have "popped over" to the allies section, but I have caught a bit of a bug for some Home Front items!! I decided to "expand" my collection a bit and not only collect Third Reich!
    Here is a super conditioned baby's gas mask dated 1939, there is absolutely no perishing to the rubber and the frames paint work is 98%. I know these are not rare as such but this is the best conditioned one that I have personally ever seen so I am a happy chappie, even more so as it came off the Fleabay!! There are still nice items out there, even if they are few and far between. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Home Front Baby's Gas Mask.   British Home Front Baby's Gas Mask.  

British Home Front Baby's Gas Mask.   British Home Front Baby's Gas Mask.  

British Home Front Baby's Gas Mask.   British Home Front Baby's Gas Mask.  

Oh dear Leon,looks like a trip to the quacks is in order me thinks,its obvious your suffering from Allied Anxietygood to see some home front stuff being shown here,good condition to,so well done mate and thanks for sharing........

?

Leon lovely piece of kit in top nick too,so you have done very well.. Not something people collect, but why not??.. Thanks for the pictures.. Cheers Terry.

Hi Terry, thanks for the compliment! I guess they are not particularly collectable due to the bulky nature of them, but at the end of the day some of us may not be here if it were not for our parents/grandparents "pumping" the filter on our behalf! I love it as a real piece of not only wartime history but also social history. Leon.

?

Yep I know what you mean Leon.. my Mum talks of this device when she used to live in East Ham during the war.. So I might need to get one myself...So thanks for the snaps.. Cheers Terry.

Somehow, I find it difficult to try to picture stuffing an Infant squalling and kicking into one of these things-especially in the event of an active Attack! Talk about a nightmare time in History!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."