Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Lee Enfield No.4 Mark 1

Article about: New Enfield I just picked up yesterday. Unfortunately it has been sporterized. The stock has been cut down a little and a butt plate has been added (can be taken off). Its my first one, its

?

Default British Lee Enfield No.4 Mark 1

New Enfield I just picked up yesterday. Unfortunately it has been sporterized. The stock has been cut down a little and a butt plate has been added (can be taken off). Its my first one, its an all around nice gun!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Lee Enfield No.4 Mark 1   British Lee Enfield No.4 Mark 1  

British Lee Enfield No.4 Mark 1   British Lee Enfield No.4 Mark 1  

?

All matching numbers, one of the pictures was blurry it says England. Not sure what maker R.O.F.M. is yet

?

R.O.F.M. = Royal Ordnance Factory Maltby. Also, in photo 7 you will see "FTRM" indicating that it went through a "Factory Thorough Repair" at Maltby.

It seems to be a nice rifle but you will need a new butt stock, installation of the rubber butt pad required the original butt plate inlet be removed, giving a flat surface for it's attachment.

?

So you think they smoothed over the inlet? Also thank you for the information!

?

Happy to have been of some assistance. Without having it in hand it is difficult for me to say. The rubber butt pads do have some flexibility but are usually fitted by sawing off the stock to the correct length of pull allowing for the extra thickness of the rubber pad. The only way for you to be sure that a standard butt plate will fit is to remove the rubber pad and attempt to fit an original No.4 butt plate.

Nice Early Enfield, pity it has been sporterized.

I’ve got a nice 9/43 example from Fazakerly, but its not to often you see 41’ dated examples.

Get a new stock and put her back to her proper military pedigree! Parts are out there. A new buttstock might be needed as well depending on how the buttpad was attached, but those are common.

Here’s mine as well.

I dare say the metal on yours is in better shape than mine

?

Ive been looking for some places to get some of the missing parts, no such luck yet

?

And very nice Enfield yourself

I’d try Numrich, Sarco, Apex Gun parts, Liberty Tree Collectors, BRP Gun Corp, and Springfield Sporters to name a few.

SS will require you calling them, but i have heard they have lots of Enfield No4 Parts.

Best of luck.

?

All good but Springfield Sporters would be my first choice. Prices and availability are top of the line. But.... Getting hold of them can take a while, it is a much smaller operation than it used to be. Still tons of stuff but a small staff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast