Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

British mk 6 and 7 gas mask bags.

Article about: Hello, doe anyone know of any websites that have photos (different views/ angles) of British WW2 gas mask bags ? thanks Dave.

Default British mk 6 and 7 gas mask bags.

Hello,

doe anyone know of any websites that have photos (different views/ angles)

of British WW2 gas mask bags ?

thanks

Dave.

NCA
    ?

Default Re: British mk 6 and 7 gas mask bags.

What sort of thing/angles where you looking for?I could take some pics of mine if you like?

That's something I have been planing to do on my website for couple of years now and still not done it, but thanks for the motivation its the next on my to do list.

Heres a few pics of the mark 6 and 7 they are very easy to tell apart the MK.V1 has 3 internal compartments and under another flap at the back 2 more the MK.V11 has 6 internal pockets and none on the back the MK.V1 has 2 small d-links half way down the front the MK.V11 doesn't the string sown into the liner on the MK.V1 is at the top right the MK.V11 is on the bottom the left the MK.V11 also has a metal disk on the right hand side the the MK.V1 doesn't the strap on the MK.V1 is attached to the metal loops on the bag by metal hooks and there is a small S hook on one of the hoops which attaches to the middle of the strap when worn in the alert position on the MK.V11 the strap is attached to the metal hoops so no hooks or small S shaped hook. The first pictures are the MK.V1. If you want to know the differences on the MK.V i can tack some pics of that as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British mk 6 and 7 gas  mask bags.   British mk 6 and 7 gas  mask bags.  

British mk 6 and 7 gas  mask bags.  

Mk.v11
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British mk 6 and 7 gas  mask bags.   British mk 6 and 7 gas  mask bags.  

British mk 6 and 7 gas  mask bags.   British mk 6 and 7 gas  mask bags.  

Thanks Joseph, please add the MkV too, as it will make a great reference.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

NCA
    ?

Looking forwards to seeing pics of the mkV bag.
    Heres a site that may be interesting.. IndyGear.com: Bag

Heres a few pics of the MK.V it is similar to the MK.V1 the differences are the MK.V has 3 internal compartments only and 3 bottom drain vents were as the MK.V1 and MK.V11 have 2 the MK.V has 2 large metal de-links for the carrying strap to attach to, MK.V1 has large loops, on MK.V the strap is threaded through one de-link then attached to the other one by a flat hook and it also has the small S shaped hook on this de-link the same as the MK.V1 to attach to the tab in the middle of the strap when worn in the alert position, on the MK.V1 the strap is attached to the metal hoops by flat hooks on both sides. I should also mention there is a loop of cloth sown inside the bag on the bottom left in both the MK.V and MK.V1 but not in the MK.V11 for the anti-dimming tube.

Here is a link to the military gas mask page on my website I have gone into a bit more depth on this subject, Its about halfway down the page plus something I forgot to mention here the MK.V-C.

GAS

Thanks Joseph for all this info.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast