Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

British Mug

Article about: Hello I bought this Mug a few years back from a site saying this was a British Issue Mug. Most of the British issue mugs I have seen are either White with a blue rim or Brown. This one is Ol

Default British Mug

Hello
    I bought this Mug a few years back from a site saying this was a British Issue Mug. Most of the British issue mugs I have seen are either White with a blue rim or Brown. This one is Olive Drab colour with a black rim, any ideas on this one?
    Thanks
    Mark

Default Re: British Mug

I don't think these are British? I suspect they might be from a continental army like Belgium or Holland? Others might know for certain?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello
    That makes sense, I got this mug a few years back from a company that supplies mainly to reenactors. I was fairly certain that it was not WWII era, so my main purpose was to use it for camping, etc. I knew about and have several of the Post-WWII British Brown Mugs, but just was wondering if there was another colour used? I'm interested in what others have to say.
    Mark

?

Like you Tomcat, I am in the US and have been looking for a WW1 or WW2 issue British cup for a looooong time. I have over twenty of the Post-WW2 cups in various shades of brown and at one time had two of the green ones that you show in your photo but am still unable to get one of the white ones with the blue rim. Someday, someday....

I use the brown cups for coffee cups constantly. They are, of course, indestructible.