Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

British Mule Haversack

Article about: I have just bought this haversack online (the pictures are the sellers as I have not received it yet) and I was wondering if anyone could give me some more information on it. I am assuming f

Default British Mule Haversack

I have just bought this haversack online (the pictures are the sellers as I have not received it yet) and I was wondering if anyone could give me some more information on it. I am assuming form the printing on the inside of the top cover that it is something to do with mules!
    British Mule HaversackBritish Mule HaversackBritish Mule HaversackBritish Mule Haversack
    I have looked online and there was only one other example, again the owner was looing for more information. The suggestions include it being for the storage of a mule gas mask (seems too small i.m.o.) or that it is part of a set of packes etc to be carried by mules. Does anyone have any ideas or can someone point me in the direction of some published information on British Army mules and thier equipment?

Thanks

Ed

ILH
    ?

You could try asking these guys The RLC Museum » Royal Logistic Corps
    last time I was there, 5 or 6 years ago, they had a mule mannequin in full ww2 leather harness and packs.

Well i have received the haversack today and it's much larger than it looked and distinctly rounded at the bottom so I am happy that it is in fact a mule gas mask bag. I am now kicking myself for not buying a mule gas mask that came up on eBay last year. If anyone has a mask to go inside or knows of one for sale please let me know!
    British Mule Haversack
    Last edited by Warspite; 07-23-2015 at 10:21 PM.