Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Naval Binoculars

Article about: Hiya all, I picked these up from a car boot sale today for £10 and I'm pretty sure they're British naval binoculars. They came with the case and one lens cap missing (sob). Now as hard as I

?

Default British Naval Binoculars

Hiya all,

I picked these up from a car boot sale today for £10 and I'm pretty sure they're British naval binoculars. They came with the case and one lens cap missing (sob). Now as hard as I tried I couldn't get good close up shots of it so I'll type out the text by the eyepieces, from top left to bottom right:

BARR & STROUD A. P. No. 1907A
    7X C F.42 SERIAL NO. 19633
    GLASGOW AND LONDON

BRITISH PATENT BRITISH PATENT
    H2376499/1931 No.435220/1934

Any help as to origin, value and any other info would be much appreciated!

British Naval BinocularsIMG_3688.jpgBritish Naval Binoculars

Thanks,

Robbie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Naval Binoculars  

Default Re: British Naval Binoculars

Definitely Royal Navy issue, from the A.P No 1907A marking (Admiralty Pattern No 1907A).

Not impossible to find a replacement eyepiece from a wrecked pair I would think, will just take time. Worth a tenner if they are optically in good condition.

Rob

Default Re: British Naval Binoculars

Hi Robbie,
    I have just joined this forum so you probably know by now what they are as your post is quite old,but these are naval as you say British built by the firm Barr and Stroud of Glasgow,value in good nick is about £40-60,but the good news is even in that state you can get spares,a nice little find for a tenner
    W

- - Updated - -

Hi Robbie,
    I have just joined this forum so you probably know by now what they are as your post is quite old,but these are naval as you say British built by the firm Barr and Stroud of Glasgow,value in good nick is about £40-60,but the good news is even in that state you can get spares,a nice little find for a tenner
    W