Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

British Prismatic Compass

Article about: Hi all, I dont collect British gear normally but being a hill walker and ex military I just had to buy this compass. It is dated 1943 and has markings of a Mk 3 and was made in London and ha

Default British Prismatic Compass

Hi all, I dont collect British gear normally but being a hill walker and ex military I just had to buy this compass. It is dated 1943 and has markings of a Mk 3 and was made in London and has a serial number with it. After all these years it still works as good as my Silva, dont know much about these so any info would be great
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Prismatic Compass   British Prismatic Compass  

British Prismatic Compass   British Prismatic Compass  

British Prismatic Compass   British Prismatic Compass  

Ben

Default re: British Prismatic Compass

Hi Ben, I don't have any info on these, but they are a popular & practical item and they hold their value very well. I only have a bakelite wartime British compass.

Cheers, Ade.

Default re: British Prismatic Compass

Thanks Ade, I always wanted one of these in the mob, its great to have one dated 1943
    Ben

Default Re: British Prismatic Compass

Hi,
    Just found your post,
    I have one of these now, is yours filled with oil?? My one is in pieces and missing screws to hold on the glass etc, I wonder if it is possible to get repaired?

?

This company repairs compasses:
    Compass Repairs - Radiation / Radium risks

I wonder if it is worth it if it really is in a sorry state, they are not that expensive. Topping them up with oil is easy by the way, mine was half empty and I had it filled in a few minutes.

sub boy
    ?

Hi all,
    I have one identical to thet but dated 1939. hardly any damage to paintwork,

?

I have one,too, and in researching it, found this website. There are some rather frightening warnings under "Compass fluids". These wartime ones have Radium in them.

TRADE MARK LONDON Home Page