Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British water canteen skeleton defect?

Article about: G'day everyone, So, I bought this water canteen skeleton recently and I have this water canteen that I've bought on a separate occasion. The problem is this: As you can see below, the webbin

Default British water canteen skeleton defect?

G'day everyone,

So, I bought this water canteen skeleton recently and I have this water canteen that I've bought on a separate occasion. The problem is this:

As you can see below, the webbing appears to be not long enough or something like that.....

So is it a some kind of defect in the skeleton or the problem lies in the water canteen? Thanks

Regards,
    Damar

And if you pull the webbing up a bit?

Nope, this is as far as I can pull it, still quite can't click it

CBH
    ?

It looks like the canteen has be recovered and the felt my be thicker then original but I could be wrong . It could be the wedding has shrunk after 70 or so years of not being on a canteen as it appears to be in mint condition . If you soak your webbing straps in water for a couple hours it should stretch , but it may be hard to remove after this as it might shrink differently . But please wait for other opinions .

ILH
    ?

It could be a defect ( maybe that's why its still in good condition). Wb cradles are usually tight, but shrinkage was a very common problem.
    Restoring it is difficult, water might work to restore it.....but it could shrink it more. I'd leave it dry and use some kind of stretcher........or find another as they are still fairly common.