Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brooks Motorcycle Pannier 1942

Article about: I picked this Pannier up (only the one unfortunately). It varies from others that I have seen as the HBT hem material is only on the inside of the flap as opposed to being visible on the out

Default Brooks Motorcycle Pannier 1942

I picked this Pannier up (only the one unfortunately). It varies from others that I have seen as the HBT hem material is only on the inside of the flap as opposed to being visible on the outside (normally in a contrasting colour). It must of been a real pain to do it like this so maybe that detail was changed or maybe it just depended on manufacturer. Anyway, I have put lots of pictures up as their don't seem to be many pictures of original panniers out there.

I also have put together a colour comparison . Apparently they were all made a shade of Brown originally but this one looks more green.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brooks Motorcycle Pannier 1942   Brooks Motorcycle Pannier 1942  

Brooks Motorcycle Pannier 1942   Brooks Motorcycle Pannier 1942  

Brooks Motorcycle Pannier 1942  
    Attached Images Attached Images Brooks Motorcycle Pannier 1942  Brooks Motorcycle Pannier 1942 

S Woods
    ?

Dear Roger
    the pannier is a great find and thanks for posting so many good detailed images of the finish and construction. I have just purchased a 1943 WW2 BSA WM20 and it will be getting shipped to me here in Hong Kong and arriving in a few months. I am starting to look around for either an old set or one pannier that I can use for measurements to manufacture my own panniers to exact specifications. I was wondering if you would be willing to sell the single pannier you have so I can take exact measurements. Or if its possible that you can dimension a drawing for me if I send a sketch to you of the sizes that I would need.

Regards

Stuart