Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Can anybody ID this bag

Article about: Can anybody ID this bag, when opened its 8 inches high and 13 inches wide with 3 different sized holders in the middle and to large compartments on each side , two folding flaps top and bott

Default Can anybody ID this bag

Can anybody ID this bag, when opened its 8 inches high and 13 inches wide with 3 different sized holders in the middle and to large compartments on each side , two folding flaps top and bottom and held together by tied straps, dated 1945. My first thought was a different form of shaving kit or wash roll but I can not find any references to this so thoughts anybody.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bagi.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	461155  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Can anybody ID this bag

Never seen one either, but I think you might be on the right track.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Reminds me of a boot polish kit.

?

Spare parts/tool kit for some misc equipment?

Martin

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Can anybody ID this bag

Page 111 in 'Khaki drill & Jungle green show this to be a case for a grooming kit.In the picture you can see scissors, comb, hairbrushes ect inside it.I would post the picture but i dont want to break any copyright issues.I cant recommend the book enough.It is my ambition to get all the items in the kit layout that im talking about!

Nice interesting item.

Thanks NCA and everybody else, that's what I love about this hobby after forty years of collecting I am still coming across things I have not seen before.