MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Can anybody ID these goggles?

Article about: Hi there I was hoping somebody might be knowledgeable on vintage army gear and be able to identify something for me. I found them in the loft while clearing it out. My dad must have collecte

brierleyalison
    ?

Default Can anybody ID these goggles?

Can anybody ID these goggles?Can anybody ID these goggles?Can anybody ID these goggles?Can anybody ID these goggles?Can anybody ID these goggles?

Hi there

I was hoping somebody might be knowledgeable on vintage army gear and be able to identify something for me. I found them in the loft while clearing it out. My dad must have collected them at some point, but he has passed away and is now unable to tell me the story behind them. They have a code on the leather strap that says A.B.0296. - 51.S.G. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for considering my request. Alison x (apologises for the ads, didn't put them there and can't seem to remove them either).
    Last edited by brierleyalison; 07-22-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: There appear to be ads on my post and i did not put them there, so will try to remove them.

Default Re: Can anybody ID these goggles?

These goggles have stumped me! They're British and they have the appearance of being made in the 1950's / 60's but that's all I've got at the moment!

?

Hi Guys
    These goggles are the british late war style mine clearance goggles introduced in 1945 and went on being used well into the 50's the pair shown here are the style used in the 50's and would come in a small canvas green pouch .
    steve

They have a broad arrow stamp above the number 51, so they are for sure British War Department issued and almost certainly date from 1951 IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

brierleyalison
    ?

Hey thank you so much for the information... I appreciate your expertise Grimebox, Steve and Bond. I didnt have a clue!

Many thanks and apologies for not getting back to you all sooner... I have a newborn baby and checking emails is a luxury these days. lol.

Warmest regards.

Ali x