Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Canteen and p37 carrier

Article about: Morning Gents I have been going through some boxes of Canadian and British P37 webbing and related equipment . first up is my Canadian issued canteen in blue enamel . This particular canteen

?

Default Canadian Canteen and p37 carrier

Morning Gents I have been going through some boxes of Canadian and British P37 webbing and related equipment .
    first up is my Canadian issued canteen in blue enamel .
    This particular canteen has a nicely C-broad arrow marked skeleton style P37 carrier that is dated to 1943 I do have the shoulder strap that came with it but when I put my webbing all together for display I will attaching it below the web belt on the brace ends as shown in the attached image to make more room in the haversack for some of the soldiers more personal kit .
    There were two styles of P37 carriers manufactured the skeleton style as shown below and the sleeve style which I do not have an example of yet but only the skeleton style was manufactured in Canada and issued to the troops.
    I will be acquiring a sleeve style in the future to carry my mess tins in.
    Thanks for looking

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Canteen and p37 carrier   Canadian Canteen and p37 carrier  

Canadian Canteen and p37 carrier   Canadian Canteen and p37 carrier  

Attached Images Attached Images Canadian Canteen and p37 carrier 

?

Default Re: Canadian Canteen and p37 carrier

Did the Canadians continue to use Blue Bottles after the British switched over? Is the cord cord attached to a loop or disappear under the cover?

The Canadian fawn felt covers were also one of the patterns used during WW1.

Sabre Sales used to have loads but I assume all gone now.

?

Thanks for the reply I must have been having a moment this morning the color of the enameling is grey not blue as to the stopper cord it disappears under the cover and is joined to a metal loop on the top of the bottle.
    Most examples of the P-08 canteens I have seen have the loop for the stopper cord on the bottom of the neck on the bottle.

Regards Mark K

?

WW1 production examples do not hence my question thinking it was a blue bottle.