Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this the carrying straps for a Bren gun tripod?

Article about: Knowing nothing about British kit I am hoping one of you guys who frequent this area of the forum can help me. Please can you let me know if the set of straps pictured are for carrying a Bre

Default Is this the carrying straps for a Bren gun tripod?

Knowing nothing about British kit I am hoping one of you guys who frequent this area of the forum can help me. Please can you let me know if the set of straps pictured are for carrying a Bren gun tripod. I was told they were and have also been told they are not. Does someone here know for sure. All help appreciated.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this the carrying straps for a Bren gun tripod?   Is this the carrying straps for a Bren gun tripod?  

Hello Dam, you are like me, you know nothing on British equipment and me on French....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Another

here, the leather is post war, the rondache is original.
    BUT it seems the rivets are "new", it is a refurbished helmet at the end of the 40's
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I was hoping someone could easily say what these straps are for, surely there is a British web expert on the forum to give a quick easy and accurate answer as to if these are for carrying the bren tripod.
    D

?

It is a bren-tripod strap.

They are known as bren tripod straps and may have been used as such, however i believe they are to carry mortar and piat ammunition cases on each side of the wearer.

Harry

?

Hi Jersey 34
    The strap is for carrying 3" mortar & PIAT bombs, several collectors have tried to use them on Bren tripods. try it for your self and you will find that is almost impossible to wear it with the tripod attached without crippling yourself. However attach 2 Lee Enfield long rifle slings and it's a piece of P**s.
    But what do I know I'm only a retired REME Armourer.
    Tiffy

Hi tiffy,
    Thanks for that, shame but thats the way it goes. Your years of service are appreciated and respected.
    d