Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Civilian or Military issue instrument

Article about: I was going through some boxes of things i had bought a while ago at a flea markets. And I came across this, I don't remember paying a lot for it but I just found it interesting. I think it'

Default Civilian or Military issue instrument

I was going through some boxes of things i had bought a while ago at a flea markets. And I came across this, I don't remember paying a lot for it but I just found it interesting. I think it's some kind of pipe whistle or flute, I actually have no idea. And it appears to be missing a part on the end. But I looked at the markings and they say 'artillery model' and them beneath it 'J.W.S.L'. I just wondered if it was possibly a military instrument rather than a civilian issue one. I'm open to any suggestions on this item
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civilian or Military issue instrument   Civilian or Military issue instrument  

Civilian or Military issue instrument   Civilian or Military issue instrument  

Civilian or Military issue instrument  

Default Re: Civilian or Military issue instrument

I believe this is a Piccolo. The same firm also made the brigade model. No idea what the differences are. I would have thought that given the absence of any military acceptance stamps, this is a civilian item. Cheers.

Old Antique Vintage by J w s L Brigade Piccolo Flute Wooden Wind Instrument L | eBay