Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Empire 37 pat bits, origins and purposes please?

Article about: Thes bits are mainly Indian, but some i'm not sure about and so i don't know what they are.... hope someone can help? Annoyed from this ads?   A)pistol case with leather base.... popper

ILH
    ?

Default Empire 37 pat bits, origins and purposes please?

Thes bits are mainly Indian, but some i'm not sure about and so i don't know what they are.... hope someone can help?

A)pistol case with leather base.... popper is poor quality so I think this is Indian made, but it's unmarked.
    Is it Indian, and wartime or post war?

B) Wb cradle marked "SA?AW JHS 1942" the buckles and tabs apear to be tinned Iron and the popper is a real cheapo.
    What nationality is this?

C)3 straps of Indian manufacture dated 42/43, all 15in long with stitched points instead of tabs on the ends.
    What are these for? (Wb straps, for hanging from belt?/ brace extenders {normal to long}?)

D) finally a 1in strap 25in long with a brace like x-tab 2&3/4in to 6 in from the buckle. the buckle is cast.
    Nationality and purpose please? (aussie bedroll?)

thanks again,
    JIM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Empire 37 pat bits, origins and purposes please?   Empire 37 pat bits, origins and purposes please?  

Empire 37 pat bits, origins and purposes please?  

?

Hey Jim,

The Holster is a postwar European example (probably Greek...maybe Italian). I have no idea what the long strap or the three cut down Indian straps are for. The waterbottle carrier is South African.
    Last edited by karkee; 03-01-2015 at 02:41 AM.

?

Also take note of the alloy fittings on the South African waterbottle carrier...