Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First-Aid Packet, U.S. Government – Carlisle Model

Article about: A nice minty and early WW2 US Carlisle Model First-Aid Packet. The packet, for those interested, contains 1 wound dressing and 2 Sulfanilamide packets (5 grams). The Khaki M1924 web pouch is

MAP
    ?

Default First-Aid Packet, U.S. Government – Carlisle Model

A nice minty and early WW2 US Carlisle Model First-Aid Packet.

The packet, for those interested, contains 1 wound dressing and 2 Sulfanilamide packets (5 grams).

The Khaki M1924 web pouch is also in mint shape. Appears to be the early Khaki color (and not the OD#3). Backside stamped E 6441 and 1941. Stamps on inside are E6441. Not sure what E 6441 stands for.

Not an exciting piece but picked it up to add it to the web belt on my mannequin.

Enjoy.

Michael

First-Aid Packet, U.S. Government – Carlisle ModelFirst-Aid Packet, U.S. Government – Carlisle ModelFirst-Aid Packet, U.S. Government – Carlisle ModelFirst-Aid Packet, U.S. Government – Carlisle ModelFirst-Aid Packet, U.S. Government – Carlisle ModelFirst-Aid Packet, U.S. Government – Carlisle ModelFirst-Aid Packet, U.S. Government – Carlisle ModelFirst-Aid Packet, U.S. Government – Carlisle Model
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Did someone take ownership of it and stamp their laundry number on it?

It's a nice minty complete package and manufactured not far from me in MA. Nice pickup!

MAP
    ?

Thanks! Maybe. I have to do some more research and also pull out a few reference books. It's odd, because under the E 6441 is what I think J.A. (can't be sure) which is part of the original 1941 stamp.

Either way, not a worry. It's a nice one. Going up to put it on the belt now.

The only downside is that is WAS made in Mass.....LoL...Just kidding. (I'm a Yankee fan....)

EDIT:

I think the J.A. stands for J.A. Shoe. The maker of the pouch.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks! Maybe. I have to do some more research and also pull out a few reference books. It's odd, because under the E 6441 is what I think J.A. (can't be sure) which is part of the original 1941 stamp.

Either way, not a worry. It's a nice one. Going up to put it on the belt now.

The only downside is that is WAS made in Mass.....LoL...Just kidding. (I'm a Yankee fan....)
    No worries here...just celebrating championships!

Here's a link (I hope it works) for those that could have that laundry number. Going to depend where the original owner is from (and obviously records - fire of 73, et al.).

Search Results - Page 1 | WWII US Army Enlistment Records

James A. Elliot - Service Number 06566441

?

J.A.Shoes? Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

J.A. Shoes...I was going to say that you're pretty lucky if you can ID a first aid kit!

MAP
    ?

Quote by rra227 View Post
    J.A.Shoes? Rich A. in Pa.
    Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    J.A. Shoes...I was going to say that you're pretty lucky if you can ID a first aid kit!
    J. & A. Shoe is a manufacturer. They typically marked their items as "J & A Shoe" but there is also another makers mark of J. A. 1941, not sure if these are one and the same.

This is a link to makers of these pouches

Individual Medical Pouches - Page 2 - MEDICAL GEAR [REF] - U.S. Militaria Forum

Learned something new about the laundry tag. I never knew it was part of the serial number.

So while there was a J. A Elliot, I don't think this is him but wouldn't it be great if it was. At least you narrowed it down to under 20 guys. Pretty neat!!!!

Thanks guys!

Michael

Oh...btw...I think there will be a drought of championships up that way coming soon....

Quote by MAP View Post
    J. & A. Shoe is a manufacturer. They typically marked their items as "J & A Shoe" but there is also another makers mark of J. A. 1941, not sure if these are one and the same.

This is a link to makers of these pouches

Individual Medical Pouches - Page 2 - MEDICAL GEAR [REF] - U.S. Militaria Forum

Learned something new about the laundry tag. I never knew it was part of the serial number.

So while there was a J. A Elliot, I don't think this is him but wouldn't it be great if it was. At least you narrowed it down to under 20 guys. Pretty neat!!!!

Thanks guys!

Michael

Oh...btw...I think there will be a drought of championships up that way coming soon....
    Laundry number is generally the first digit of the last name plus the last four of the service number.

Funny...I believe we're still a favorite for the 2016 Super Bowl. If you don't think there is a chip on Brady and Belichick's shoulder I don't know what to say.

Sox and Celtics are apparently garbage for a little while and the Bruins are lost at sea....

MAP
    ?

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    Laundry number is generally the first digit of the last name plus the last four of the service number.

Funny...I believe we're still a favorite for the 2016 Super Bowl. If you don't think there is a chip on Brady and Belichick's shoulder I don't know what to say.

Sox and Celtics are apparently garbage for a little while and the Bruins are lost at sea....
    Thanks! Not a basket ball fan...but I do like the Bruins. As for the Pats and Sox...lets just leave everything unsaid.....

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks! Not a basket ball fan...but I do like the Bruins. As for the Pats and Sox...lets just leave everything unsaid.....
    Please tell me you're a Giants fan at least? J-E-T-S would just be terrible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast