Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Foreign 37 Pattern Cartridge Pouches

Article about: Hi all. I have come into possession of a few of these pouches. I am pretty confident they are post- war and foreign made, but I'm wondering if anyone knows which country they are from? I hav

Default Foreign 37 Pattern Cartridge Pouches

Hi all. I have come into possession of a few of these pouches. I am pretty confident they are post- war and foreign made, but I'm wondering if anyone knows which country they are from? I have taken a shot with a 1950s British MKIII pouch to show the colour. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Foreign 37 Pattern Cartridge Pouches   Foreign 37 Pattern Cartridge Pouches  

Foreign 37 Pattern Cartridge Pouches   Foreign 37 Pattern Cartridge Pouches  

Interesting pair opf puches- are there any markings under the flaps?

Good point Warspite, I forgot to mention that they are totally unmarked. Cheers.

As far as I know the three big users of newly manufactured 37 pattern post war were the Belgians, Dutch and Italians. Others used a lot of surplus but not much newly made. The Belgians made their stuff in a dark green and in a blue shade so the right hand cartridge carrier could be Belgian due to the shade of green. Thanks Ed

warspite is spot on with the belgian one, correct colour and style.
    I also believe the other pouch in question on the left is italian, the style of the area for expansion on the pouch with its straight lines is typical italian.

I take it there are no markings on the press studs either?

Nope, no markings on the press studs. I have had Italian ones before and they are usually marked Italia on the studs if I recall?

yes normally, something like "Fiocchi Italy" etc.

?

The Greeks also manufactured their own version of Pattern 1937...

Items from the Greek set appeared on the market a few years ago as British and Australian (Note the Greek small pack with flap to carry a helmet as well as the Greek cartridge carriers)

Greek webbing often has markings of the type shown below...

Thanks for the comments guys. I am thinking based on this that they are Belgian. Cheers.