MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Founded Enfield oilers... look please!

Article about: Hi, I founded in Italy, in a old military warehouse, this box. Inside, there were 20 brass oilers for enfield. What do you think? I don't know if these object are collected, can be some valu

Default Founded Enfield oilers... look please!

Hi,
    I founded in Italy, in a old military warehouse, this box. Inside, there were 20 brass oilers for enfield.
    What do you think? I don't know if these object are collected, can be some value? They are all similar, but they have different mark, only one is completely different (see photos).
    Thanks in advanced!
    Partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Founded Enfield oilers... look please!   Founded Enfield oilers... look please!  

Founded Enfield oilers... look please!   Founded Enfield oilers... look please!  

Due to the fact that there are many different makers and styles of these, they are collectible. Looks like you have an early one from the Boer War period as well. Take a look at this site to find out the age of your bottles:

Lee-Enfield Oiler Types Index

Montreal Quebec Canada Depot? Interesting indeed! Would be a shame to break up the full box.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the link, Spitace41! I've seen that they are not so common and easy to find! One type was sold for 110$ and the other type from 20$ to 50 $. It's a good notice!
    I alse have seen that there are reproduction of these nice objects...
    With the help of your link, I will try to catalog them by country, model, year and producer
    Certanly would be a shame to sell them separately, would be preferable to sale them united, in their box! (Although I have seen that there are both English and Canadian)

Partisan

No problem for the link. I think try and keep them together as you say.

Here is some mark present on he oilers

Regards
    Partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Founded Enfield oilers... look please!   Founded Enfield oilers... look please!  

Interesting find!...

Interesting, for sure! And, I'd say that the Box and the original Canadienne Label are just as rare-if not more so than the oilers themselves!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

That looks like a really interesting collection. As i'm sure you know most have Canadian markings on them, although some are British, I believe the one in the second pic with the two arrows pointing towards each other indicates that it was meant to be sold out of service on the commercial market.