Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French Civil Defence Items

Article about: Hi everyone, thought I would show a WW2 French Civil defence Adrian helmet and gas mask. Doug

Default French Civil Defence Items

Hi everyone, thought I would show a WW2 French Civil defence Adrian helmet and gas mask.

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Civil Defence Items   French Civil Defence Items  

French Civil Defence Items  

C'est magnifique! Never saw these two items before. Helmet appears very close to the military grade. NH

Thanks Neil. Is the helmet different in any way from the military issue (apart from the badge obviously)?

May have been a similar case as with British Civil Defence helmets, where factory rejects and helmets manufactured from inferior quality steel were used. Don't know how that would be indicated visually, though.

B.B.

The badge is not the same and the inside is not in leather, in theory. I think the GM is from CZ. Do you have the paper inside? How to use the GM. Hard to find.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks for the responses.

Lebus, What is GM and what is CZ? There is no paper inside.

GM is Gasmasq, CZ =Czechoslovakia.

In France, may of these masqs came from this country.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Here is what I believe to be a text book French military helmet from my collection. Looks pretty much the same as your Civil Defense example. NH

French Civil Defence ItemsFrench Civil Defence Items

Very nice items!

Please see here for the "Adrian" in civic use and its differences to the type used by the army:
    .: World War Helmets - Les casques Adrian des organismes civils :.
    in general/military use:
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Adrian modèle 26 :.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Great resource Alter Musketier! I read part of it and determined that with the exception of police and fire services (police et pompiers), the Adrian was used by numerous civil organizations including the Red Cross and Civil Defense. There are some variations in the liners used with cheaper versions used for non-military purposes. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast