MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Gaiters and gas mask bag

Article about: Not sure but I think the gaiters are the pre and/or WWI RN pattern? Also I assume the bag is a gas mask bag a MKVIused circa pre 1943, not really something I collect so I had not looked up e

Default Gaiters and gas mask bag

Not sure but I think the gaiters are the pre and/or WWI RN pattern?

Also I assume the bag is a gas mask bag a MKVIused circa pre 1943, not really something I collect so I had not looked up either of these types of items in advance, I just bought them because they were there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gaiters and gas mask bag   Gaiters and gas mask bag  

Gaiters and gas mask bag   Gaiters and gas mask bag  

Gaiters and gas mask bag  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 07-22-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

This is the closest match for the gaiters I can find.

Pattern 1901 Naval Accoutrements
    Regards,

Jerry

The gaiters are Edwardian/WWI for Royal Marines Light Infantry/Royal Marines Artillery or naval landing party rig. Period pictures are not common but these two colour illustrations show them quite nicely.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gaiters and gas mask bag   Gaiters and gas mask bag  

Gaiters and gas mask bag  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Hey Jerry,

Those leggings are great (and the MKVI bag is nice as well)!

I've looked for a pair like that for a long time without any luck. If you ever decide to get rid of them, I hope you'll think of me!

Quote by karkee View Post
    Hey Jerry,

Those leggings are great (and the MKVI bag is nice as well)!

I've looked for a pair like that for a long time without any luck. If you ever decide to get rid of them, I hope you'll think of me!
    If you want to pm me about them, they could soon be on the way to you as I only bought them because they were there and to find someone who is keen to have them makes it worthwhile getting them, as I expected that sooner or later someone would want them as they are quite rare to find. Though please note I am off to bed now but I can respond in the morning or tomorrow evening at the latest.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Wow, thanks Jerry!

I tried sending you a PM, but it gave me the following message...

"Anon has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Anon from the recipient list and send the message again."

Perhaps you can send me a private message and then I'll be able to respond to it?

-Michael

Quote by karkee View Post
    Wow, thanks Jerry!

I tried sending you a PM, but it gave me the following message...

"Anon has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Anon from the recipient list and send the message again."

Perhaps you can send me a private message and then I'll be able to respond to it?

-Michael
    It should work now Michael.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Anon View Post
    If you want to pm me about them, they could soon be on the way to you as I only bought them because they were there and to find someone who is keen to have them makes it worthwhile getting them, as I expected that sooner or later someone would want them as they are quite rare to find. Though please note I am off to bed now but I can respond in the morning or tomorrow evening at the latest.
    Nice one Jerry! Leon.