Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hand made 'primitive' ring, " Sicily, Palermo, 1944"

Article about: Hello Everyone, This is my first post here. I am not a collector or aficionado of any kind. I recently found a ring at a yard sale here in Bucks Co. PA., USA. (I know, just the place to find

Default Hand made 'primitive' ring, " Sicily, Palermo, 1944"

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here. I am not a collector or aficionado of any kind. I recently found a ring at a yard sale here in Bucks Co. PA., USA. (I know, just the place to find 'authentic' WWII memorabilia.) Anyway, I saw this ring on a table on the edge of a pile of absolute junk. I have no idea if this item was made here or over-seas in theater, during or after the war. I thought this might be a good place to start my search to get some kind of info/input/opinion on this ring. It is deff. hand made, the ring is aluminum. I think the top engraved piece is brass, the small side 'stones' are plastic.

It shows some good craftsmanship, so i'm not sure the engraving could have been done in theater, but what do I know, maybe someone could have had tools to engrave with. Please let me know what you think, don't laugh too loudly if some of you can tell right away that it is junk after all.

I payed $1,000.00 for it. ( J.K.! .50ยข )

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

ScottHand made 'primitive' ring, " Sicily, Palermo, 1944"Hand made 'primitive' ring, " Sicily, Palermo, 1944"Hand made 'primitive' ring, " Sicily, Palermo, 1944"Hand made 'primitive' ring, " Sicily, Palermo, 1944"Hand made 'primitive' ring, " Sicily, Palermo, 1944"

Default Re: Hand made 'primitive' ring, " Sicily, Palermo, 1944"

The invasion of Sicily took place in 1943, but US soldiers were stationed there all the way until the end of the war. I suppose one of them could have either had a jeweler make this for them, or they could have made it themselves. Souvenir rings are pretty common. I don't think it is junk; it would be a nice piece to a collector of Operation Husky or Italian campaign related militaria.

Corey

wow cool ring, ww2 or not

Can't beat the price ! - Nice souvenir of the Italian Campaign.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I'd say it's definitely a WWII field-made piece form the Italian campaign. These trench art pieces are pretty common, but are none the less pretty cool. It just goes to show you that when bored, and presented with lots of raw materials, people can be pretty creative.

I have this piece of jewelry from the Italian campaign:
    Hand made 'primitive' ring, " Sicily, Palermo, 1944"

Nice piece of trench art!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you very much for all of your replies!!

I feel much better now, I thought it would be a faux item. Does the ring have any value to a collector? I don't plan on selling it, just curious.

Impressive bracelet Joe.

Thanks again All!

Regards,

Scott

Looks pretty cool! I will double you your money for it ($1 not $2000.00) !
    Thanks, Glen.

Thank you for the offer Glen, I think.