Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

help to ID this ammo belt carrier

Article about: Hi need help to ID this ammo belt carrier, I picked it up with a bunch of British web gear, but this belt is marked “US”? It has three sections, with three pouches each section, and each pou

?

Default help to ID this ammo belt carrier

Hi need help to ID this ammo belt carrier, I picked it up with a bunch of British web gear, but this belt is marked “US”? It has three sections, with three pouches each section, and each pouch is approx. 7” tall (with the flap) and wider than outher pouches which I have seen. Other than the “US” and the maker name I couldn’t find any other marking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help to ID this ammo belt carrier   help to ID this ammo belt carrier  

help to ID this ammo belt carrier   help to ID this ammo belt carrier  

Belt, Magazine for BAR, M-1937 ?

?

Just thinking-from the size- Could they be a magazine belt for a BAR

?

Thanks-What was throwing me off is that there is three section on this belt,and all of the WW2 ones which I have seen have only two sections?

?

Yep
    BAR ammo belt with extra 3 pocket section.

Third section in the middle was taken from the another belt (the front metal bucke is still visible). After removing this you will have a very nice complete example of the original, WWII, standard M1937 BAR ammo belt (and those Briitish web straps are not necessary, as well)

?

Thanks for the good inform, I don’t have a B.A.R. so I think that I’ll be moving it on.