Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Honest honey it followed me home

Article about: I found this nice example of what I beleive is a Canadian/British 1941 dated grenade bag yesterday at a yard sell for \\$5 dollars CDN I could not say no as it was all alone being ignored by e

?

Default Honest honey it followed me home

I found this nice example of what I beleive is a Canadian/British 1941 dated grenade bag yesterday at a yard sell for $5 dollars CDN I could not say no as it was all alone being ignored by everyone else I thought I should give it a new home my wife rolled her eyes at me and commented about bringing home another stray.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Honest honey it followed me home   Honest honey it followed me home  

Honest honey it followed me home   Honest honey it followed me home  

Honest honey it followed me home  

Default Re: Honest honey it followed me home

This is actually a "Small pack" (the back pack), also known as Haversack, W.E. Patt. 37.

However, there are some mods to it with the loops to the top and sides: these got made in and used by other countries and could well be one of these. Colour looks a bit odd.

Cheers, Ade.

kc1
    ?

RAF blue?

?

You are right Ade the color is a bit odd the light out side and the exposure may be a bit off it is actually a a very vibrant dark green it would appear to me that it had never been issued. The gentleman that I purchased it from says that it belong to his father who served with the Canadian Army during WW2 and that it was one of eight that he had this being the last one I will stop up at his house and see if he can shed a little more light on the history of the bag or his fathers service record .There are very faint ink marks on the strap and I could just make out the year 1941 I will look with a black light to see if I can make out the rest of the writing

We issued those in the Cdn Army until about 1980???something. They were still coming out brand new.

?

Any Ideal on what the bag would have been used for if it is such a late issue.

Regars Mark K

We used them for their issued pupose of a small pack. We still issued the shoulder straps and the sling that's pictured. That ended when the 64 pattern webbing went out. I was issued my new 82 pattern webbing in about 86 or so because I was in a school at the time and that withdrew the small pack from use.

?

The small pack went out then when we restructered the Canadian Armed Forces thats when everything changed . One of the biggest mistakes we ever made was to get rid of the FN-C1-A1's /A-2 's these were remarkable weapons and should have been kept active in rifle companies as a long range support weapon.

Regards Mark K

?????? What? We changed the equipment issue and that withdrew the use of that whole family of kit. We still had the C1 after we changed to 82 webbing. By the way, what's a FN C1 A2? And what does the FN have to do with his original question?

?

It was a question as to the time frame was it not around that time that the Armed forces was starting to change and up grade all of its kit and equipment ,ie weapons,uniforms,combatfatigues, armored vehicles I was refering to the mid to late 1980's in general and I just added the FN in there as it is probably my favorite firearm and the armed forces changed to I believe a 5.56 mm correct me if I am wrong I am not shur of the exact year. Sorry about the miss spelling A2 was going to add something else and changed my mind.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast