Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ID holster Opinions wanted

Article about: just had a thought it could be a holster for a Enfield No 2 MK I Snub Nose they fired the .38/200 same type of revolver and size tom

Default Re: ID holster Opinions wanted

just had a thought it could be a holster for a Enfield No 2 MK I Snub Nose they fired the .38/200 same type of revolver and size

tom

I would agree it must have been altered. It has a definite issue mark, and I am sure no such case was ever issued. Mills did make some variations for their private purchase equipment, but if this were one of those it wouldn't have a broad arrow, just the MECo 1940 mark. One other thing i did notice is that the flap on the top of the case seems to fasten very square (not angled), very obvious in the first picture where its shown next to a standard WE37 Pistol Case (its a Pistol Case, not a 'holster').
    Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    I would agree it must have been altered. It has a definite issue mark, and I am sure no such case was ever issued. Mills did make some variations for their private purchase equipment, but if this were one of those it wouldn't have a broad arrow, just the MECo 1940 mark. One other thing i did notice is that the flap on the top of the case seems to fasten very square (not angled), very obvious in the first picture where its shown next to a standard WE37 Pistol Case (its a Pistol Case, not a 'holster').
    Rob
    Thanks Rob the more I look at it the more I think my first instinct was correct that it has been taken apart re cut and sown back together but not for a semi automatic as a first thought but as Tom said for a short barreled revolver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12