Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ID holster Opinions wanted

Article about: just had a thought it could be a holster for a Enfield No 2 MK I Snub Nose they fired the .38/200 same type of revolver and size tom

Default ID holster Opinions wanted

I was asked to ID this holster and I think it was a pattern 37 holster that has been drastically altered to take a Semi Automatic Pistol but the owner does not think so her reasons being its smaller than a 37 holster and at least the length of it looks original although she agrees the inside top has been altered, so thoughts anybody did M.E.Co make shorter holsters in 1940 for pistols other than for revolvers or is it a pattern 37 that has been completely pulled apart and reshaped?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID holster Opinions wanted   ID holster Opinions wanted  

ID holster Opinions wanted   ID holster Opinions wanted  

Default Re: ID holster Opinions wanted

webley mkv1 police revolver (basically i shortened mkv1)

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    webley mkv1 police revolver (basically i shortened mkv1)

tom
    So are you saying that this is a recognised pattern of holster designed for the shorter police revolver.

its not a fully recognised holster but its a standard holster that has been cut down for the police revolver in china when china was still british run

tom

Don't think there was ever a short barrelled Police Mk VI.

There was however a short barrelled 0.38 Webley Mk IV.

Some were produced in WW2 and marked "War Finish" as they their finish was not up to the usual Webley standard and they wanted their customers to realise that.

Post war the short barrelled 0.38 Webley Mk IV was used in Hong Kong and Singapore I believe.

The construction of the holster looks a little amateurish to me but I could be wrong.

Regards

Richie

BTW China has never been "British run" - only small parts of it.

Quote by talltom View Post
    its not a fully recognised holster but its a standard holster that has been cut down for the police revolver in china when china was still british run

tom
    I had not thought of the short police revolver and shortening a standard holster would work but why alter the inside the handles on a short and long barrel revolver are still the same.

Quote by Richie B View Post
    Don't think there was ever a short barrelled Police Mk VI.

There was however a short barrelled 0.38 Webley Mk IV.

Some were produced in WW2 and marked "War Finish" as they their finish was not up to the usual Webley standard and they wanted their customers to realise that.

Post war the short barrelled 0.38 Webley Mk IV was used in Hong Kong and Singapore I believe.

The construction of the holster looks a little amateurish to me but I could be wrong.

Regards

Richie

BTW China has never been "British run" - only small parts of it.
    I agree the alteration on the inside does look crude and amateurish but the owners argument is that the outside doesn't and she feels it was made to be this short although I have doubts about that, but then I had not thought about the short barreled police revolver?

richie here is a example of a mkv1 police revolverID holster Opinions wanted

tom

The Webley Mk VI was .455 wasn't it ?

That is a .38

Quote by Richie B View Post
    The Webley Mk VI was .455 wasn't it ?

That is a .38
    your right richie i got the digits the wrong way round the one above is a mk1V

tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast