Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

ID Iraqi bag

Article about: Hi everyone, this bag was given to me a few years ago and thought to have come from Iraq. It has various pieces of Arabic hand writing on it. I imagine the design will be of Western origin,

Default ID Iraqi bag

Hi everyone, this bag was given to me a few years ago and thought to have come from Iraq. It has various pieces of Arabic hand writing on it. I imagine the design will be of Western origin, can anyone identify it for me and tell me how it was worn? Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID Iraqi bag   ID Iraqi bag  

ID Iraqi bag   ID Iraqi bag  

ID Iraqi bag  

Nobody seen anything like this before? Any help appreciated.

I have not seen this exact type of bag before, but it makes me think of gas mask bags. If that helps narrowing it down a bit?

Thank you. A google image search comes up with several matching Iraqi gas mask bags for the m59 gas mask.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Thank you. A google image search comes up with several matching Iraqi gas mask bags for the m59 gas mask.
    No problem, and I think you are right!

?

Very nice piece , I read somewhere that the Iraqi webbing system was in part sourced from Pakistan and similar to British 58 Pattern webbing. I have never seen the Arabic script re-written into English like that, but a fascinating bring back from the Gulf war,thank you showing it

One of the Europa books on British a Webbing has a pic of Iraqi webbing which is a direct copy of 44 pattern webbing, but in tan rather than green.