Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Identification, bit of fun.

Article about: Here are some pics that are a little unusual. I would like to see if anyone can identify what they are/were and a correct answer will get a £50 donation made to WRF and a location of where t

Do the molten remains have any link to an Atomic Test by any chance? I'm thinking Los Alamos or suchlike when various buildings, vehicles, weapons etc. were used to see how they reacted to a nuclear explosion??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Good evening Big Ned. That's the most diverse, interesting idea yet, Like the way you're thinking. Unfortunately the answer is a little less exotic than that. Away now for 2 weeks. 'Speak' again then. Cheers for now. Regards, Francis

ps. Might post picture of find area to assist. Up to you then to identify. But as I said. Away now for 2 weeks. So it will be on my return. Can you stand the suspense??? Back soon. Kind regards, Francis

?

A guess would be, a used phosphorous grenade remains or white phosphorus artillery shell molten metal remains.
    Regards,
    John

Not to be morbid, but....will you be making the donation Before you try to dig up the flamethrower? lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

No, sorry. Oh ye of little faith. 😕 I'll be back.

Hi. I'm back and still intact. Busy catching up at moment but will be on here in next couple of days. I haven't spent all my money in France so donation money is safe. Regards, Francis.

Identification, bit of fun.Identification, bit of fun.Identification, bit of fun.Identification, bit of fun.Identification, bit of fun.
    Hi again, here are some more clues...., pics showing place and pics showing items as they were. any more guesses chaps? I'm ready to donate, just need that little extra nudge in that direction, giving money away is not always painless. Cheers for now, Francis.

Is that Gallipoli???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Big Ned, Nope, its not. Second pic down is a real landmark for this place. Sure someone will get it soon though. Thanks for your interest mate. Kind regards, Francis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast