Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identification of theses British Bags belongign to my Grandfather.

Article about: Dear Forums, It has been a while since I bought some WW 2 items; sometimes I buy more for re-enactment......well let's get to the point. I Just found out these two nice British bags at my au

Exclamation Identification of theses British Bags belongign to my Grandfather.

Dear Forums,

It has been a while since I bought some WW 2 items; sometimes I buy more for re-enactment......well let's get to the point. I Just found out these two nice British bags at my aunts house and alos found that they belonged to my grandfather here in Malta.

The small bag is dated 1940, bu still need to identify the other writings on it.

Regards
    Kurt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification of theses British Bags belongign to my Grandfather.   Identification of theses British Bags belongign to my Grandfather.  

Identification of theses British Bags belongign to my Grandfather.   Identification of theses British Bags belongign to my Grandfather.  

Identification of theses British Bags belongign to my Grandfather.  

?

Default Re: Identification of theses British Bags belongign to my Grandfather.

Hi Kurt.

I cant help you with identifying the top of your two haversacks, (the one with the press-stud fastening for the flap), HOWEVER, the other one in the bottom 3 pic's appears to be a very nice 1937ptn web equipment officers haversack.

The markings on the inside of the flap are as follows:

MECo........Mills Equipment Company (the manufacturer)
    1940........Date of manufacture
    /l\...........British War Department acceptance mark, usually referred to as a "Crows Foot" (This is/should be found on ALL genuine British equipment)

Nice donation from your grandfather Kurt

Regards etc
    IanD

AKA: Jimpy

PS: Karkee Web is a fairly good reference site for British W/E and accessories.
    Last edited by jimpy; 08-01-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Addition

Dear Jimpy,

Thanks for all the Help, really appreciate your information and also the link attached.

Regards
    Kurt

?

You'rewelcome Kurt.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy