Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch

Article about: Greetings all, These two items came alongside a large lot of Australian made Vietnam era webbing. I have not been able to identify them, and they are not marked. I suspect they are a set as

Default Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch

Greetings all,

These two items came alongside a large lot of Australian made Vietnam era webbing. I have not been able to identify them, and they are not marked. I suspect they are a set as the rivets and snaps are identical on both the pouch and holster. The holster is missing two rivets on the belt strap and this was held on by para cord (which I removed in my search for markings). I was hoping they would point me to origin but can't make sense of the snap markings, they are certainly not Carr. The Holster fits nicely onto a M1956 belt and the belt strap on the pouch also clears one well. I suspect it may have been used to holster a Browning pistol but can only speculate at this point.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch   Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch  

Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch   Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch  

Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch   Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch  

I have identified the snaps, made by Japanese manufacturer, Morito & Co, established in 1908. Not that it brings me any closer to really identifying these items but it is a start. Here is a late WWII type 94 canvas holster with similar markings on snaps. I have done some basic measurements, it is likely the holster would nicely fit a Browning Hi Power but not a Colt 1911. These items may well stay in the realm of unidentifiable but they are certainly old and are now on record. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch   Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch  

Identifying Leather Pistol Holster & Ammo Pouch