Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Indian Army Enamelled Plate

Article about: I have just bought this plate. It was described as the seller as being a WW2 Indian Army enamelled plate. I was wondering if anyone could confirm this? Its dated 1944 and looks right to me,

Default Indian Army Enamelled Plate

I have just bought this plate. It was described as the seller as being a WW2 Indian Army enamelled plate. I was wondering if anyone could confirm this? Its dated 1944 and looks right to me, in style and colour it matches Indian Army enamelled mugs I have seen before, but I can find zero information online about it. These are the seller's photos so I will post better pics when it arrives.

Indian Army Enamelled PlateIndian Army Enamelled PlateIndian Army Enamelled Plate

Thanks

Ed

?

Hey Ed,

Great plate!

I have seen a number of these 44 dated enamel plates over the past year and I can confirm that is, indeed, Indian-made. The maker is Bengal Enamel, which made enamel Mk VII water bottles for the Bengali Army into the 1970s.

Distinguishing Cobalt Blue Mk VI and Mk VII Water-Bottles

Neat find! I'm still not sure why you didn't grab that Indian first field dressing I sent you though...lol

Thanks Karkee, that's what I wanted to hear! Sadly the first field dressing was a little more than I had to spend at the time...

?

NCA
    ?

I have one made by Kamani Enamel 1944.

?

I've never seen that maker before, I'd love to see a picture NCA!

Ditto, there is just so much we don't know about Indian kit. I keep meaning to go to the India Office archives in London at some point and see what documents survive on the topic of military procurement, but it's a few hundred miles to go and life keeps getting in the way!

?

I would love to know the results of such an incursion! If only we had more information on their webbing makers!

By a happy coincidence I have just found and bought an Indian marked ration bag to go with this off eBay. I am always pleased to find the personal kit as there is much less of it around and normally it's not flagged up as being Indian so it's reliant on looking carefully at sellers photos to try and spot markings etc...

?

That's uncanny Warspite, because I just picked up and Indian-made ration bag as well (I think it is Indian anyway)...

What do the markings on yours look like?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast