Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Inquiry about supposed WW2 sunglasses

Article about: Greetings y'all. Recently my grandfather, living here in Sweden close-ish to the border of Norway, bought a pair of old plastic sunglasses at a garage sale. The seller was a Norwegian and ha

Vorondil
    ?

Question Inquiry about supposed WW2 sunglasses

Greetings y'all.

Recently my grandfather, living here in Sweden close-ish to the border of Norway, bought a pair of old plastic sunglasses at a garage sale. The seller was a Norwegian and had in turn gotten the glasses from his father, who lived in proximity to Bærum, near Oslo. This father supposedly have gotten hold of these glasses during WW2, where they were apparently airdropped to help alleviate snow blindness amongst brittish ski troopers, if the story holds true.

The glasses are rather simple. The come in a greenish metal box with hinged lid, and are made from what appears to be thin and semingly brittle plastic. The shades swivel around the top edge and can as such be folded away.

My question is essentially if there is anyone here amongst you WW2 afficionados who might be able to verify or refute this story, or knows any further curious facts about them, or even dare estimate what they might be worth.

Kind Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Inquiry about supposed WW2 sunglasses   Inquiry about supposed WW2 sunglasses