Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

interesting ww2 Footlocker-134th Medical Group

Article about: I got this footlocker at an auction. Does anyone have any info on the owners name and 134th Medical regiment? Is it genuine? Any info would be appreciated.

?

Default interesting ww2 Footlocker-134th Medical Group

I got this footlocker at an auction. Does anyone have any info on the owners name and 134th Medical regiment? Is it genuine? Any info would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture interesting ww2 Footlocker-134th Medical Group   interesting ww2 Footlocker-134th Medical Group  

interesting ww2 Footlocker-134th Medical Group   interesting ww2 Footlocker-134th Medical Group  

?

Default Re: interesting ww2 Footlocker-134th Medical Group

Took a look at the lock and it says "Excelsior Stamford Conn. 5989". The leather handles have "37" on it.

I am guessing this could be the previous owner NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)
    If you have a vets name or SN you can search it yourself for free on that site.

Here is a brief history on the 134th medical group that site is also a good one to bookmark since it has practically all US army medical history from WWII. It looks like the unit served from just after D-Day and followed the front lines through Europe until the end of the war.
    - Office of Medical History

The foot locker itself looks like a nice original I have a few myself but none with extra painting, one of mine has the RR shipping tag on it still from 1919!

?

Many thanks for the info. I found an interesting story presumably written by the locker's owner, Richard O Lewis.

(A Change in Plans)

Very nice item, I like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!