Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Jackknife: Warriss Sheffield

Article about: Hello folks. Another jackknife I picked up last week, this one a British-made example. Manufactured in Sheffield, as the vast majority of them were, by 'Warriss'. This is apparently an uncom

Default Jackknife: Warriss Sheffield

Hello folks.

Another jackknife I picked up last week, this one a British-made example. Manufactured in Sheffield, as the vast majority of them were, by 'Warriss'. This is apparently an uncommon maker to encounter. This one is dated 1941, and bears the usual War Department 'crow's foot' marking. It lacks the marlin spike seen on some other jackknives.

It was very rusty when I got it, but has cleaned up nicely with the careful application of some oil and steel wool. The blade is still rather tarnished, but it adds to the knife's character in my opinion.

Jackknife: Warriss SheffieldJackknife: Warriss SheffieldJackknife: Warriss SheffieldJackknife: Warriss Sheffield

Also, a neat little add-on, although perhaps not entirely relevant. Doing a bit of digging, I was able to locate this thread on another forum showing pictures of the Warriss factory as it stands today: Warriss Master cutlers & silversmiths, sheffield March 2014

Regards, B.B.

Nice little separate thread for the Jackknife with loads of pics and info,, nice catch.

?

Nice knife.

CBH
    ?

I recently pick up one of these myself, I have a few different types, I guess it's a collection now.
    If I get a chance i'll post them, like everything WWII they are getting harder to find.

Thank you all for the kind words. These are nice collectible pieces, still relatively affordable, and still useful for their intended purpose. In hindsight, I should have added this one to Ade's thread!

Regards, B.B.

Nice knife,I like it!

First Warriss I have seen !