Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Lamp Aiming MG Mk III - what bulbs?

Article about: I recently picked up this lamp aiming unit and I'd like to test it but I'm missing the bulb. Does anyone know what bulb it would have taken and where I might find a replacement for it? And w

Default Lamp Aiming MG Mk III - what bulbs?

I recently picked up this lamp aiming unit and I'd like to test it but I'm missing the bulb.

Does anyone know what bulb it would have taken and where I might find a replacement for it?

And while I'm asking, it is also missing the 30ft of fishing braid and winder. Any ideas on where I might source that from?

Thanks in advance, Mike.

?

The bulb is probably like these depending on voltage required. UNIVERSAL BIKE BULB SET REAR + FRONT 6V 0.6W 2.4W VINTAGE OLD LAMP DYNAMO LIGHT | eBay

Cheers I'll try them out.

Best bet for the line and handle as they are very specific is to trawl dealer sites that handle MGs and accessories.
    As for the bulb I am pretty sure that a standard (if obsolescent) 3.5v screw cap torch bulb as used in the old NATO right angle torch or old style bicycle lamps will do the job;

MES 3.5 Volts Bulb SupaLec MES Torch Bulbs 3.5V Long Lasting: Amazon.co.uk: Lighting

I'll give you a nod if I see the other bits.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."