Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Lists of allied soldiers equipment

Article about: Hey guys..i recall seeing a list of equipment a soldier carried and where on his uniform it was carried but I cant seem to find it on the net..from memory it was for US paratroopers and had

?

Default Lists of allied soldiers equipment

Hey guys..i recall seeing a list of equipment a soldier carried and where on his uniform it was carried but I cant seem to find it on the net..from memory it was for US paratroopers and had everything from torches to footpowder included..any help anyone could give to point me in the right direction would be fantastic

?

I can post an Aussie soldiers WWII Q record if that helps? It wont tell you how to set up though.

Oz.

?

Hi Oz,that would be great if you could..im trying to work out what items im missing from my mannequins,cheers Sean

?

Here is a scan of the Q record as well as an old official diagram of late war jungle kit (as reproduced in Saddle Up by Rick Landers which I highly recommend). Let me know if any of this is confusing.

Cheers,
    Oz.

?

That's fantastic,thanks Oz! I was hoping to do a Z special impression(certainly cant afford a genuine)mannequin after I get my commando up and running..that info will sort me out there.

?

If anyone else is able to help with US paratrooper and ranger equipment lists that would be superb!

?

Even if someone could point me in the right direction for US equipment?

AIF
    ?

G'day Torch, Have you tried searching google? Seeing as it is quite a popular subject surely there is some info on there? Otherwise you could try asking/searching on the US Militaria Forum by clicking here > U.S. Militaria Forum

Cheers
    Luke.