Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 carbine ammo belt

Article about: by Snake Master Thabks for the info! So correct korean war and ww2 impression would be two belt pouches, one on the stock, and bandage pouch, and canteen pouch with canteen? Thanks I hesitat

Default Re: M1 carbine ammo belt

Quote by Snake Master View Post
    Thabks for the info! So correct korean war and ww2 impression would be two belt pouches, one on the stock, and bandage pouch, and canteen pouch with canteen?

Thanks
    I hesitate to use the word "correct", but yeah... that would work fine.

And maybe even an M3 knife......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

orrrr a bayonet if it's late war.

I was fooling around with my carbine mags today... It's not just a modern thing, WWII soldiers and marines did this to their mags too!

M1 carbine ammo belt

The M-1 Carbine, if I remember right, was not too well liked by the servicemen. It's little 30 caliber round packed about as much punch as an actual Punch. Men, too, had a habit of firing a Lot of rounds out of them to try to compensate for the lack of knock down power, which did Not endear them to their officers, as they tended to eat up ammunition supplies fairly quick. Having said that, I still like them anyway. I picked one up many years ago in super shape from an elderly woman who used to carry it out deer hunting(No, she never got one-didn't even ever Fire it..). So many of them were arsenal re-worked for Korea, it's almost like hunting for gold in a corn field, to find a WWII unaltered one. Nice little guns, though-well made and solid.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The M-1 Carbine, if I remember right, was not too well liked by the servicemen. It's little 30 caliber round packed about as much punch as an actual Punch. Men, too, had a habit of firing a Lot of rounds out of them to try to compensate for the lack of knock down power, which did Not endear them to their officers, as they tended to eat up ammunition supplies fairly quick. Having said that, I still like them anyway. I picked one up many years ago in super shape from an elderly woman who used to carry it out deer hunting(No, she never got one-didn't even ever Fire it..). So many of them were arsenal re-worked for Korea, it's almost like hunting for gold in a corn field, to find a WWII unaltered one. Nice little guns, though-well made and solid.
    A fair assessment, William!

I must say that I think it's unfair to compare the carbine to the Garand, but still a lot of people do it. The carbine was never meant to replace or compete with the Garand. It was meant to replace the handguns issued to support personnel... and it proved to be far more accurate and could reach out and "touch" someone a lot better than a pistol!

At ~5lbs, m1 carbines are about 4lbs lighter than m1903 rifles, AND they're 50% lighter than a Garand and 75% lighter than a BAR!

Here are my two carbines:
    M1 carbine ammo belt

Airborne riggers would add extra snaps to a regular pistol belt in order to secure more mag pouches this idea then became standard on the USMC M-1961 individual equipment belt FSN 8465-823-6937. Also durring WW2 belt similar to a trouser belt was made with several snaps along its length on to which Carbine pouches were attached this could then be wore around the waist or used as a bandoleer

M1 carbine ammo beltM1 carbine ammo belt

oops now I've given the die hard collectors something else to quest for

?

Hi , Does anyone know were i could buy a Sten Gun Magazine dated from WWII

What i need is 1 Bren Gun Mag Dated from WWII
    1 Sten Gun Mag dated WWII
    And a Lee Enfield 10 Rnd Feed Mag WWII
    John cool militaria

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast