Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?

Article about: Hello all, Hope everyone's weekend has been enjoyable. I was hoping some of you might have an idea what era this belt comes from. It has a strange front clasp. Originally I thought it was Ko

?

Default M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?

Hello all,

Hope everyone's weekend has been enjoyable. I was hoping some of you might have an idea what era this belt comes from. It has a strange front clasp. Originally I thought it was Korean war but I am not sure. 1954 appears to scribbled on the inside but that looks like someone wrote that themselves. Any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?   M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?  

M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?   M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?  

Default British made?

I wonder if it is a british made ww2 belt? Here's a picture of my british p-37 belt, same style buckle? Can you take a close up of one of the snaps please?

-Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?  

?

Thanks for the reply! I have been looking for a while with no luck. Here are the close ups of the latch and buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?   M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?  

M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?   M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?  

?

What year/era is the P-37 belt you have?

Quote by dramos View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I have been looking for a while with no luck. Here are the close ups of the latch and buckle.
    Could be "m1923-1950" it does not have the extra strap on the inside of the pockets. Could possibly be a post war Greek belt too? Still the buckle is throwing me off. Don't want to say repro, will do some digging.

The p-37 belt is dated 1943, I also have the p-37 belt in leather, same buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Garand Ammo Belt. Strange front latch?  

?

Thanks! Ill keep looking until I find something else on it as well. I didn't realize how many variations there are in these style of ammo belts.

Quote by dramos View Post
    Thanks! Ill keep looking until I find something else on it as well. I didn't realize how many variations there are in these style of ammo belts.
    Think it's safe to say it's not a british ww2 made belt, wrong snaps as far as I can tell?

?

The actual belt clip is what is killing me. It has the look of the m1923 - 1950 but that front piece I can't find anywhere.

not one I've seen before, but I can add that one of my M28 packs is marked like it was hand written

?

Thats interesting Rene. It isn't something I see very often if at all. Was that a common practice? Seems like the actual soldier wouldn't care about the markings. I could be wrong. Any Ideas?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast