Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m1 garand jeep leather scabbard

Article about: I found this today for 60 dollars. I tried to look on the Internet to see what part of the jeep it goes too. It seems like it's hard to find these with the leather straps that are originial

Default m1 garand jeep leather scabbard

I found this today for 60 dollars. I tried to look on the Internet to see what part of the jeep it goes too. It seems like it's hard to find these with the leather straps that are originial to the piece. I was curious what the numbers 1 and 2 is referring too. I hope I did well on price. Interesting scabbard

?

You did very well on the price friend.

Ok good I was kinda worried. Do yoy know what those 1 and 2 numbers refer too?

?

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Ok good I was kinda worried. Do yoy know what those 1 and 2 numbers refer too?
    No I don't friend. I own a couple that I bought years ago and have them set back in my military room and don't pay attention to them. I believe yours is in better shape than mine.

Thanks for your imput. Yes it's in great shape for what it is

60 dollars for a WWII scabbard that's Complete and in great shape? Wow...you stole it! Most of these that you see sell for hundreds. I Believe that the "1 + 2" numbers are simply for guides as to which strap goes into which loop, so you didn't end up putting the long one where the shorter one should be. Doesn't really make much sense, as these scabbards were generally mounted in any one of several locations-the windshield, the side, etc, but it's Government, so go figure...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ok, i figured the strap numbering system was overkill and probally nobody paid attention. These go for hundreds? That's crwzy, there is another one at the place that's shorter and is there one that made for a thompson? I swear it looked like something like that. I'll have to go back tommarrow. Same place where I found the hawley helmet

?

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Ok, i figured the strap numbering system was overkill and probally nobody paid attention. These go for hundreds? That's crwzy, there is another one at the place that's shorter and is there one that made for a thompson? I swear it looked like something like that. I'll have to go back tommarrow. Same place where I found the hawley helmet
    Yes that would be a very wise move.
    Scabbards for carbines and especially a Thompson would be worth a bundle buddy. I don't believe I have ever seen one for a Thompson.

The shorter one is likely for an M-1 Carbine. They made scabbards for both M-1's. If there is an M-1 Carbine scabbard in the same condition and complete from WWII, it would be worth More than the one for the Garand. I've seen Garand scabbards for sale for anything like $150 (without the straps) on up to $450 or even more. They make fine repros of them these days, but everyone wants an original, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well I'll go pick up the m1 carbine tommarrow if they have it, I think it's the same price. Thanks so much for your help. I didn't relive they cost so much

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast