Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1910 US T-Handle Shovel

Article about: Not overly exciting but happy to pick up so I can add it to my my M1928 Haversack that I have on a full mannaquin. M1910 US entrenching shovel. Stamped US on handle and shovel. Welded front

MAP
    ?

Default M1910 US T-Handle Shovel

Not overly exciting but happy to pick up so I can add it to my my M1928 Haversack that I have on a full mannaquin.

M1910 US entrenching shovel. Stamped US on handle and shovel. Welded front hilt to blade. Pre-1917 versions often did not have hilts on the back. This weakness I've read was corrected by time the AEF arrived in France by 1917.

The cover is a repo (or so I think) but the shovel is in excellent shape.

No maker mark, date or paint which is typical of pre WWII versions. So no real way to date this but probably interwar period (but they were used during WWII)

Enjoy!

Michael

M1910 US T-Handle ShovelM1910 US T-Handle Shovel
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice one MAP and great info on them. I have a friend that has several of them. timothy

MAP
    ?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Nice one MAP and great info on them. I have a friend that has several of them. timothy
    Thanks Timothy,

Mucho debate on these by the purists....Mostly around dating them. Found some really good threads on other forums and of all places an article on EBAY warning how to spot a fake!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)