Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M1928 Haversack Questions- PLEASE READ

Article about: i just got a haversack off ebay for 12 bucks plus 12 shipping. roughly 25 in total. it came with the pack carrier by the way. the carrier is 41 dated, but the haversack isnt dated at all her

Default M1928 Haversack Questions- PLEASE READ

i just got a haversack off ebay for 12 bucks plus 12 shipping. roughly 25 in total.
    it came with the pack carrier by the way. the carrier is 41 dated, but the haversack isnt dated at all
    here is a pic. the us logo is different too. please tell me: is it even wwii?
    thanks
    M1928 Haversack Questions- PLEASE READM1928 Haversack Questions- PLEASE READ

Default Re: M1928 Haversack Questions- PLEASE READ

It is wartime: don't worry about the lack of markings. The block capital "US" letters, while slightly unusual in form, is simply down to it being made by a different maker.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

NCA
    ?

The 'us' on the haversack looks like the font used on British made gear.any chance of a picture of the inside?

sorry NCA , but i just purchased it off ebay. i dont have it yet. it will be a few days before i get it. i can take pic when i get it.
    thanks
    75thinfantry

dear NCA, here are the pics that were on ebay
    M1928 Haversack Questions- PLEASE READM1928 Haversack Questions- PLEASE READ

ccasada
    ?

Ahoy!

What you have is the M1928 haversack and "Tail". There should be a leather strap that laces the upper to the lower often refered to as a "Diaper". It was pretty common to see items with different fonts of U.S. or US on items. And as pointed out there was a large quantity of items of US gear that was "British Made" in the UK during the war.

Chuck

Shame that the two rear straps have been cut off.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!