Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

An M5-11-7 Assault Gas Mask and Accessories, A pretty complete grouping of Chemical Corps gear

Article about: Here is a pretty nice M5-11-7 Assault Gas Mask and rubberized cloth bag. This would have been the exact style carried ashore by the soldiers landing on D-day and would have been discarded sh

?

Default An M5-11-7 Assault Gas Mask and Accessories, A pretty complete grouping of Chemical Corps gear

Here is a pretty nice M5-11-7 Assault Gas Mask and rubberized cloth bag. This would have been the exact style carried ashore by the soldiers landing on D-day and would have been discarded shortly after that. Along with it I have put out a grouping of accessories to detect, protect against and treat the effects of gas warfare. I took a queue from my wife and always find that "In order to beautify you must accessorize!". I was actually surprised a little when I dug it out and put it all together for the photos, as I had forgotten how much of the stuff I had.

1) Excellent condition M5-11-7 Assault Gas mask with perfectly soft and pliable rubber. The mold mark under the chin is interesting in that it has 3 concentric circles, almost like a target, with a 44 in the center. There are patterns of dots in the outer two circular rings and the numbers 553 and 318 molded outside of the circles. Finally a 40T 40-4 is ink stamps on one of the cloth straps.

2) Mint rubberized, M7 carrying bag with snaps, marked US UL ARMY ASSAULT GAS MASK. Ink stamp on strap is M7 LOT FT 40-4, which matches the lot number on the mask, which means they are a matched set.

3) EyeShield, M1, Air Spray, disposable goggles.

4) Cover, Protective, Individual. A disposable, plastic cover also known as a “Gas Cape”.

5) Kit, Gas Mask Waterproofing, M-1 and contents with scarce khaki pouch.

6) Older style grey can of 4 – Tubes Protective Ointment, M5 and 1- Tube Eye Ointment BAL.

7) Older style grey tube of Protective Ointment M4, with original cardboard box

8) Gas Mask Repair kit, Company, MII, in original cardboard tube with contents.

9) Two styles of the Anti-Dim cloths in the cans. The earlier greenish-yellow color can is somewhat scarce.

10) Impregnite in Clothing testing kit, M1, in original cardboard box.

11) OD can of Shoe Dubbing.

To the left of the mask, from top to bottom are the following:

12) Can of Paint, Liquid Vesicant Detector, M5 Type II for detecting gas and chemicals.

13) Can of Impregnite, Shoe, M-1

14) Canister, Combat, MII, Spare filter for M5 gas mask, still sealed in can.

Three different styles of rubberized Gas Mask bags, with Lift the Dots, darkened snaps and nickeled snaps.

An M5-11-7 Assault Gas Mask and Accessories, A pretty complete grouping of Chemical Corps  gearAn M5-11-7 Assault Gas Mask and Accessories, A pretty complete grouping of Chemical Corps  gearAn M5-11-7 Assault Gas Mask and Accessories, A pretty complete grouping of Chemical Corps  gearAn M5-11-7 Assault Gas Mask and Accessories, A pretty complete grouping of Chemical Corps  gear

?

Default Re: An M5-11-7 Assault Gas Mask and Accessories, A pretty complete grouping of Chemical Corps gear

I found the M5 to go with my M7 bag in an antique store a year or two ago-$10.

?

Default Re: An M5-11-7 Assault Gas Mask and Accessories, A pretty complete grouping of Chemical Corps gear

You stole that M5!! Great find!! It shows you that treasure can still be found for a steal these days!!

Bob

Fantastic set Bob, being able to collect all the bits and pieces is almost as difficult as finding the mask itself

Thanks for sharing

Danny

?

Thanks Danny. You are absolutely right on the accessories being a bear to find. I think that finding these items is the icing on the cake for a good display.

Bob

?

Hi Rambob,do you have a list of the items that were included in the M7 bag?

?

Ive been trying to find an M5 for sale(that the owner doesnt want $400 to 800 for it because they saw one sell for that on ebay once)for years..have 2 original bags but no masks

?

Torch, As far as I know only the M5 mask with filter and the anti-fog cloth with can, were carried routinely in the bag. However, a host of other small accessories could have been put in by the individual soldiers as long as there was room in the bag.

?

Yeah ive seen more photos with only the anti dimming cloth can as an extra but wasnt sure..seen alot with repair kit,gas cape etc..thanks Sean