Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

military music

Article about: Hello Gent's, not finding a better place for this here it is. any one collect military music albums ? i got these long ago. they are about 15 inches across. any idea on aprox value? andrew

?

Default military music

Hello Gent's,
    not finding a better place for this here it is. any one collect military music albums ? i got these long ago. they are about 15 inches across. any idea on aprox value?
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture military music   military music  

military music  

?

Default Re: military music

Hi Andrew,
    sorry to say I don't know, however a good record shop would be able to help, these also have some value as "Normal " record let alone as a piece of WWII militria.
    I will however say there is an interesting story behind these forces records, I was given some of these V Disks or "Victory disks" many years ago by a record dealer and he told me that the artists that performed on these , did so for nothing, claiming no royalties from the performance rights as part of the war effort, the deal being at the end of WWII all copies of the V-Disk etc were to be destroyed.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

Default Re: military music

hi Nige,
    thanks for the responce. i dont think these are 78's , if i can go by the lable on it, they are 33 1/2. more like the modern records. these would be played in a studio, and broadcast. that's my understanding.
    kind of like you see in the movie, good morning viet nam. with robin williams.
    andrew