Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Musette Pack Dated 1943

Article about: by SHINDENKAI Hi Jake, The 1st volume is much better than the 2nd volume. The 2nd volume cover mostly on personal items. I was kind of disappointed. I recommend the 1st volume. It covers mor

Default Musette Pack Dated 1943

Musette pack dated 1943 from some of dad's field gear. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Musette Pack Dated 1943   Musette Pack Dated 1943  

Musette Pack Dated 1943   Musette Pack Dated 1943  

Musette Pack Dated 1943  

I can not imagine all of the surplus in the 50s that was purchased as camping gear etc, that we would have liked to add to our collection!
    Were your dads items his from service, If so what unit was he in? Sorry if you shared that info before I missed it.

Yes brought home in 45 or early 46 when he got out of the hospital all this stuff I am posting is WW2 brought home by him he was in Company I / 94 Infantry Division Saar Mossle triangle. timothy

?

Nice your Dad kept his things. They have a tendency to disappear over the years.

...Lol - or even Before you get back from Europe.

There are stories of guys getting their packs
    slit open and robbed in theater.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hmmmm....AIRTRESS MIDLAND, that's an uncommon maker.

1943, 1944 dated Musette packs are getting harder to find.

Some minor design changes started to emerge from 1944/1945, by adding a shovel hang flap at the front and a full horizontal "tiny X" stitchings underneath the "U.S." stamping.

Is your example a webbing, or rubber type example?

I have around 6 or 7 in my collection : 4 x webbing, 1 x rubber, 2 x 1945.

Thank you for posting.

Cheers!
    Taka
    Last edited by SHINDENKAI; 04-18-2014 at 06:00 AM.

That is a good question Taka to me it has the weight and feel of canvas covered rubber or vinyl maybe done to waterproof it? It has a stiff feel to it so I don't know I am not too up on my US feld gear and no books on them just by handling and seeing a lot of it growing up guess I need to invest in some WW2 FG US books. Thanks timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    That is a good question Taka to me it has the weight and feel of canvas covered rubber or vinyl maybe done to waterproof it? It has a stiff feel to it so I don't know I am not too up on my US feld gear and no books on them just by handling and seeing a lot of it growing up guess I need to invest in some WW2 FG US books. Thanks timothy
    Hi Timothy,

You are right on the water proofing part, the rubber canvas type are rather fragile, or easily damaged. I am fortunate enough to have one in my collection. Now I'm searching for a British Made version, I already own a strap, now the main pack, a though piece to encounter.
    Here is one good basic reference book for you. It was my "Bible" at my early collecting periods.

Musette Pack Dated 1943

Cheers!
    Taka

Nice M36 Tim and something to own with a personal touch to it,Taka I must get a copy been meaning to for a while,they issued a 2nd volume,is it that same but updated?.................

Hi Jake,

The 1st volume is much better than the 2nd volume. The 2nd volume cover mostly on personal items. I was kind of disappointed.

I recommend the 1st volume. It covers more on uniforms, headgear, field-gear, weapons.....etc

Cheers!
    Taka

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast