MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Museum Donations

Article about: I have an M1 Carbine that I believe may have some historical interest and/or value. It's all original, having been made at the Winchester plant in New Haven, Ct. and never released for civil

Default Museum Donations

I have an M1 Carbine that I believe may have some historical interest and/or value. It's all original, having been made at the Winchester plant in New Haven, Ct. and never released for civilian or military use. I've been told that it may be worth several thousand dollars (U.S.) in private sale. (FFL to FFL transfer only and Obviously! ;-)
    That said, I'm interested in the possibility of seeing it go to a museum, hopefully with a small plack or explanation honoring my father who worked in the ballistics lab in New Haven during the Second World War.
    I've never dealt with any museums before and have no idea how to go about identifying possible interested parties. If anyone has had experience with similar situations or has any advice to offer I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Rob
    p.s. Though this is the second post I've been able to list, for some reason I can't access my profile to give folks a little information about myself. I live in the U.S., state of Maine, and am a retired Speech and Language Clinician. My father, a forest entomologist for most of his career, worked in the ballistics lab at Winchesters in New Haven, Connecticut during WWII.

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will be around to provide advice.

I would suggest you focus on museums with a focus firearms and or WW2. Maybe contact the NRA or Winchester??
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by RCrosby257 View Post
    I have an M1 Carbine that I believe may have some historical interest and/or value. It's all original, having been made at the Winchester plant in New Haven, Ct. and never released for civilian or military use. I've been told that it may be worth several thousand dollars (U.S.) in private sale. (FFL to FFL transfer only and Obviously! ;-)
    That said, I'm interested in the possibility of seeing it go to a museum, hopefully with a small plack or explanation honoring my father who worked in the ballistics lab in New Haven during the Second World War.
    I've never dealt with any museums before and have no idea how to go about identifying possible interested parties. If anyone has had experience with similar situations or has any advice to offer I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Rob
    p.s. Though this is the second post I've been able to list, for some reason I can't access my profile to give folks a little information about myself. I live in the U.S., state of Maine, and am a retired Speech and Language Clinician. My father, a forest entomologist for most of his career, worked in the ballistics lab at Winchesters in New Haven, Connecticut during WWII.
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    As you are quite recently registered, wait a day or so try again
    From any page, you will see a link at the top right of the page titled, "Settings" Click on that and it will take to a page that will give you some editing options. You should see, "my Settings" and "Edit Profile".
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree with MAP. I ve never been but the NRA museum looks incredible. A standard M1 with matching numbers can reach in the thousands so an unissued one with your father's history/provenance attached would indeed be valuable. Please when time permits post pictures as we d all love to see it? More experienced gun collectors will comment I certain. Neat story.

Brian

Here's a pic or two of the Carbine. More to follow if I can make it work! ;-)

?

I agree with Michael's suggestion. I would contact the NRA folks to see if they are interested.

I hope you work out the posting pic's issue. It would be great to see your M1 carbine.

It looks like you might be having problems posting them looking at your post above.
    There is a sticky in the Technical/Design - Questions, How-to, & Advice section that member MAP worked out with a great visual tutorial that will help you out!

Here is a link to it.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Semper Fi
    Phil