Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My New World War One Web Belts and the like

Article about: Gentlemen, I had a Client approach me the other day and asked if I would like to have some of his late Great Uncle's World War One items that were taking up space in his Garage. After knowin

Default My New World War One Web Belts and the like

Gentlemen,

I had a Client approach me the other day and asked if I would like to have some of his late Great Uncle's World War One items that were taking up space in his Garage. After knowing I was interested in militaria I couldn't refuse. I have never owned any Web belts or the like and certainly I'm excited! Now, I need those in the know to comment on these finds.
    Could this first item be a woven rifle sling?? The only maker's marks I could find is a small anchor on the clasps.
    The other web belts I can see are Mills and I am amazed at the condition! Please comment away and I look forward to seeing your findings..

Regards,

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New World War One Web Belts and the like   My New World War One Web Belts and the like  

Default Re: My New World War One Web Belts and the like

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New World War One Web Belts and the like   My New World War One Web Belts and the like  

My New World War One Web Belts and the like   My New World War One Web Belts and the like  

My New World War One Web Belts and the like   My New World War One Web Belts and the like  

Here are some additional items which came with this lot.

schnellmann
    ?

Amazing stuff! And you got it for free? I wish I were so lucky!

Yes indeed! It's nice to have nice Clients..

Hi Joel, these are super items!

The pack is Brit/Commonwealth.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,

I thank you sir for your expertise. I was trying to decipher the unit marking on the shoulder strap, which looks to my untrained eye, "28th Inf. Co.?" Have you a guess as to what unit this came from?

Kind Regards,

Joel

Hi Joel, sorry I don't.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Joel great stuff. Gary

?

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    Could this first item be a woven rifle sling?? The only maker's marks I could find is a small anchor on the clasps.
    Hi Joel,
    the small straps look like a pack or harness system guess medical harness, but I can't tell from your picture what there from, as to the Anchor on the snap hooks, that is the manufactuer of the fittings "Anchor Brand hardware" are still in business to this very day, and there snap hooks are still marked with the same trade logo, all but that they now also state "China" below this as they have shipped some of the manufacturing outside of the U.S.A. to cut costs.

Nige..
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast