Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

NAAFI Mug for £3

Article about: 'Leave no stone unturned' etc.....you never know what can turn up. These days, London's Portobello Road is a far cry from what it was - all tourists and 'street food' with ludicrously overpr

Smile NAAFI Mug for £3

'Leave no stone unturned' etc.....you never know what can turn up.

These days, London's Portobello Road is a far cry from what it was - all tourists and 'street food' with ludicrously overpriced 'antiques' at the southern end. But up at the 'dodgy end' there are still a couple of house-clearance traders hanging on by their fingernails. Wandering along there today, my Wife stopped to look at some old scarves and I looked down into a box of old crockery. Among all the old junk was an instantly recognizable NAAFI-type mug.

NAAFI Mug for £3

No 'RAF' logo ( I already have a couple of those ) but when I turned the base up...

NAAFI Mug for £3

'How much for the mug, mate ?'

'Three Quid '

Well, it would have been rude not to.....so - another Op chalked up.....

NAAFI Mug for £3

?

Nice little bit of history here Martin.. I wouldn't of guessed it being a NAAFI mug myself..unless it had NAAFI stamped on it!!.. So good spot.Well done & cheers Terry.

Lightbulb

The size is the giveaway....it's very big ! Much larger than would be normal for domestic use. The date is of course the clincher. They were made to a standard pattern by various manufacturers - the most collectable have the nice blue 'R.A.F' in a circle but in fact most of the many used were plain white.

?

Martin I was watching the other day on Youtube about the night bombers at Hemswell RAF..& after every mission straight into the debriefing centre for a mug of tea was lots of rum!! & then a debrief if not too p**sed lol...Cheers Terry

Not bad for 3 drinking vouchers!....

Very nice pick up and a good price these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great stuff, I'd love one of these myself and I love that photo too.